Tweets by @JGibsonDem Tweets by @JPCTumblr

12.27.2010

100.3 The Sound flips to Gen X 100.3, a bad move?

I was upset to see 100.3 The Sound go bye-bye this past Sunday Morning. About a year ago, I was a happy camper when it started up. Any bets that Dana Loesch was responsible for this?


Also, longtime AC KEZK rebrands from Soft Rock 102.5 to Fresh 102.5.

CBS RADIO AC KEZK (SOFT ROCK 102.5)/ST. LOUIS will rebrand as "FRESH 102.5" after its current CHRISTMAS stunting is over. The rebranding will take effect on DECEMBER 27th at 5a (CT).

CBS RADIO ST. LOUIS SVP and Market Manager JOHN SHEEHAN said, “The KEZK call letters have always been synonymous with Adult Contemporary radio in ST. LOUIS. That will never change. The evolution to FRESH 102.5 allows us to contemporize the radio station to match the expectations of our core listeners.”

The station is now looking for a new morning show, with ED GOODMAN not in the post-FRESH lineup.


http://www.allaccess.com/net-news/archive/story/84741/kezk-st-louis-to-rebrand-as-fresh-102-5

KYKY (Y98)'s Phillips and Company will be switched over to KEZK, as will some of their personalities, such as Paul Cook. Remember The Answer Show with Stel Pontikes being moved from KYKY to KEZK to gone in less than a year.






BRING BACK 100.3 THE SOUND!!!

8 comments:

Erin T. said...

Gen X sucks so bad bring back the sound!

Rob D. said...

Ran into this blog trying to find the GenX radio station to listen online. Checked out some of your crazed rantings...you're an idiot! First, your obsession with Dana Loesch is borderline fanatical. To comment that she's to blame for The Sound changing format to GenX? Really? Your nutty liberal rants only give creedance and validity to her just as nutty conservative views. All you far left & far right people are crazy! Second, LOVE the new radio station format. The ecclectic mix of music is AWESOME. Third, Dana's far right idiocy aside...you have to admit she is damn HOT!

AshleyP said...

I couldn't agree with you more. Gen X is awful! I've never found a radio station as good as The Sound before, and Alan Cox and Todd Violet were great. I'm super pissed. The only other station that I listened to other than The Sound was KEZK and now that's different too. There is nothing good to listen to on the radio anymore. BRING BACK THE SOUND!

Anonymous said...

Well... All format changes are based on ratings which translate into advertisers which turns into revenue. Radio is a business not an iPod. If the people that loved The Sound would have supported it (and answered the calls from Arbitron to be a ratings panel member) it would still be here. [sigh]

Anonymous said...

The sound was awesome...I got to listen to wonderful music and now every time I turn it on I get to hear The Spindoctors?! Looks like I'm going back to my ipod for music.

Anonymous said...

I liked The Sound but I love Gen X a lot more! Sorry.

Jeff D said...

I miss The Sound too. I'm not gonna bash the new format, but it's just not my taste. Moving on... The Sound advertised the 'I Heart Radio' app. I now have it. Does anyone know of a similar station to The Sound on there? With the internet technology, I guess it really doesn't matter what city it's in. :)

Anonymous said...

stopped listening to 100.3 almost entirely since the switch to Gen X, compared to before when I rarely ever changed the station.. it was a serious disappointment, and I know many people who couldn't agree more. Switching back to The Sound would be the best move..my friends and I share the same thoughts