Time for the Samsung MTV News Rankings Fantasy League Preview Show. It will be a 40 week season from 08/13/2007-05/26/2008, with a 2-week Christmas/New Year's Break.
Here are my End-of-Season Projections for the MTV News rankings.
Mock Draft Order:
1. SuChin Pak [18 WKS @#1, 12 WKS @#2, 6 WKS @#3, 358 PTS]
2. Tim Kash [10 WKS @#1, 11 WKS @#2, 11 WKS @#3, 305 PTS]
3. Kim Stolz [8 WKS @#1, 7 WKS @#2, 15 WKS @#3, 258 PTS]
4. John Norris [3 WKS @#1, 6 WKS @#2, 6 WKS @#3, 125 PTS]
5. Sway Calloway [1 WKS @#1, 3 WKS @#2, 1 WK @#3, 65 PTS]
6. Kurt Loder [0 WKS @#1, 1 WKS @#2, 1 WK @#3, -89 PTS]
7. Liz Hernandez [0 WKS @#1, 0#1 WKS @#2, 0 WKS @#3, -115 PTS]
SCORECARD: SuChin Pak will dominate the polls, but Tim Kash and Kim Stolz have different plans, and Norris could play his way into the picture (however, he needs to be fired from MTV News) if the cards fall right. Liz Hernandez will never see the #1 spot in the poll, and neither Loder nor Hernandez will see the light of day this year in the polls, and 2 correspondents finished with negative points. John Norris's days of being in the Top 3 are over. Sway Calloway will be the see-saw correspondent in the polls. So, expect another Pak-dominated poll this year. This poll started in September 2004, in reaction to the impending NHL Lockout. Back then, it was a guessing game as to who was #1? In the 2005-2006 season, it was a dullfest. the 2006-2007 season, the season was shortened due to a contract dispute; however, later on in the shortened season, Pak was the victor of the year.
My Hypothesis: Pak will be the victor again, but Kash and Stolz are lurking close to the prize.
NOTE: This poll is not directly affiliated with MTV, MTV News and its Correspondents, or Samsung.